03.06 看美剧学英语《了不起的麦瑟尔夫人》S01E06 181-190



这一段的场景在商务活动中很常见。
招贤纳士或邀请合作伙伴时要说些什么?
被招揽并且心里底气十足时欲擒故纵又会怎么说?


181.what's up?怎么了?
✨完整形式:“what's up with that?”

这是更为常用的见面问候语,问候“ How are you?”时,也可以说“What's up?”



182. I want you to meet Charles Connelly. 我想给你介绍下查尔斯康奈利。

✨引荐:I want you to meet…我想给你介绍一下……

这是除了introduce之外更加口语化的表达

  • "自我介绍"怎么说?
  1. I would like to give a brief self-introduction
    . 让我简短地自我介绍一下。
  2. Let me introduce myself. 我自我介绍一下。



183.Bell Labs is leading the pack. 贝尔实验室引领着整个行业。

✨【复习】pack: a group of similar people or things 群,团伙,帮

He’s the leader of the pack.

他是那个团伙的头目。


看美剧学英语《了不起的麦瑟尔夫人》S01E06 181-190

He was the leader of the pack.


184.I want no part of Sputnik panic. 我不想卷入制造人造卫星的而产生的恐慌之中。

✨have/play/take/want no part of/in sth: to not be involved or refuse to be involved in sth, especially because you disapprove it 不参与,不卷入,拒绝加入

I want no part of this sordid business.

我不想卷入这一卑鄙的勾当。



185.This smacks of that. 这件事就有点那种感觉。

✨smack of sth: to seem to contain or involve a particular unpleasant quality 有……的味道;带有……的意味

Her behavior smacks of hypocrisy.

她的行为有点虚伪。


186.We never rush R&D. 我们从不草率地搞研发。

✨rush: to do sth or to make sb do sth without thinking about it carefully 仓促行事;做事草率

Don't rush me. I need time to think about it.

别催我。我需要时间考虑一下。

✨R&D: research and development 研究和开发


看美剧学英语《了不起的麦瑟尔夫人》S01E06 181-190


187.Bill and Abe have known each other a long time. 比尔和和亚伯已经认识很久了。

✨know sb/sth: to be familiar with a person, place, thing, etc. 熟悉,认识,了解

I’ve known David for 20 years.

我认识戴维已经20年了。

She’s very nice when you get to know her.

你了解她以后就会觉得她非常可爱。


188.I’m loath to do that. 我不愿意这么做。

✨be loath to do sth: be not willing to do sth 不情愿,不乐意; 勉强

He was loath to admit his mistake.

他不愿承认自己的错误。

【同义表达】“不乐意做某事;勉强”

  • be not willing to do sth
  • be reluctant to do sth
  • be disinclined to do sth


189.We’ll work around your schedule. 我们会根据你的日程来安排。

✨和schedule相关的短语:

  • Filming began on schedule. 拍摄如期举行
  • ahead of schedule 提前
  • behind schedule 晚于,晚了


190.Bell lab is at your back and call. 贝尔实验室随时等候您的佳音。

✨at sb’s back and call: always ready to obey sb’s order 随时待命

Don't expect to have me at your beck and call.

休想随意摆布我。


分享到:


相關文章: