03.06 看美劇學英語《了不起的麥瑟爾夫人》S01E06 181-190



這一段的場景在商務活動中很常見。
招賢納士或邀請合作伙伴時要說些什麼?
被招攬並且心裡底氣十足時欲擒故縱又會怎麼說?


181.what's up?怎麼了?
✨完整形式:“what's up with that?”

這是更為常用的見面問候語,問候“ How are you?”時,也可以說“What's up?”



182. I want you to meet Charles Connelly. 我想給你介紹下查爾斯康奈利。

✨引薦:I want you to meet…我想給你介紹一下……

這是除了introduce之外更加口語化的表達

  • "自我介紹"怎麼說?
  1. I would like to give a brief self-introduction
    . 讓我簡短地自我介紹一下。
  2. Let me introduce myself. 我自我介紹一下。



183.Bell Labs is leading the pack. 貝爾實驗室引領著整個行業。

✨【複習】pack: a group of similar people or things 群,團伙,幫

He’s the leader of the pack.

他是那個團伙的頭目。


看美劇學英語《了不起的麥瑟爾夫人》S01E06 181-190

He was the leader of the pack.


184.I want no part of Sputnik panic. 我不想捲入製造人造衛星的而產生的恐慌之中。

✨have/play/take/want no part of/in sth: to not be involved or refuse to be involved in sth, especially because you disapprove it 不參與,不捲入,拒絕加入

I want no part of this sordid business.

我不想捲入這一卑鄙的勾當。



185.This smacks of that. 這件事就有點那種感覺。

✨smack of sth: to seem to contain or involve a particular unpleasant quality 有……的味道;帶有……的意味

Her behavior smacks of hypocrisy.

她的行為有點虛偽。


186.We never rush R&D. 我們從不草率地搞研發。

✨rush: to do sth or to make sb do sth without thinking about it carefully 倉促行事;做事草率

Don't rush me. I need time to think about it.

別催我。我需要時間考慮一下。

✨R&D: research and development 研究和開發


看美劇學英語《了不起的麥瑟爾夫人》S01E06 181-190


187.Bill and Abe have known each other a long time. 比爾和和亞伯已經認識很久了。

✨know sb/sth: to be familiar with a person, place, thing, etc. 熟悉,認識,瞭解

I’ve known David for 20 years.

我認識戴維已經20年了。

She’s very nice when you get to know her.

你瞭解她以後就會覺得她非常可愛。


188.I’m loath to do that. 我不願意這麼做。

✨be loath to do sth: be not willing to do sth 不情願,不樂意; 勉強

He was loath to admit his mistake.

他不願承認自己的錯誤。

【同義表達】“不樂意做某事;勉強”

  • be not willing to do sth
  • be reluctant to do sth
  • be disinclined to do sth


189.We’ll work around your schedule. 我們會根據你的日程來安排。

✨和schedule相關的短語:

  • Filming began on schedule. 拍攝如期舉行
  • ahead of schedule 提前
  • behind schedule 晚於,晚了


190.Bell lab is at your back and call. 貝爾實驗室隨時等候您的佳音。

✨at sb’s back and call: always ready to obey sb’s order 隨時待命

Don't expect to have me at your beck and call.

休想隨意擺佈我。


分享到:


相關文章: