Human beings feed on misery.人類以對他人落井下石為樂



1.If you find anything in your sister’s belongings that might shed some light on her death, um, letters or a date book, please, call me immediately.

如果你找到任何與你姐姐死有關的遺物——信或者日記, 請立即打電話給我。

belongings: 所有物 shed: 使…流出 shed light on: 為...提供線索

2.I believe she did keep a diary of something. I'll look around for it.

我相信日記之類的東西肯定有, 我找找看。

look around for: 四處尋找

3.Look at them all vultures. Pretending to care when all they really want are the sordid details.

看看這些貪得無厭的人,表面假裝關心,其實想打聽到骯髒的內幕

vulture: 禿鷹 pretend to: 假裝 care: 關心,在意soedid: 骯髒的 detail: 細節,詳情

4.I don't know, I think they just want to show their support.

我不知道. 我想他們只是想表達慰問。

5.Please. Human beings feed on misery.

拜託. 人類以對他人落井下石為樂。

feed on: 以…過活 misery: 痛苦的事,不幸

6.Well, we might as well give the people what they want.

我們最好給他們那些他們想要的東西。

7.Hello. I want to thank you all for coming out here and expressing your genuine sorrow and disbelief.

我很感謝大家能來這裡,表達最真切的悲痛和疑惑

thank sb. for sth.: 因…感謝某人 come out: 出來,出現 express: 表示genuine: 真實的 disbelief: 不信 sorrow: 悲傷大家好,

8.My sister, Martha, would have been so touched.

我姐姐Martha會很感動的。touched: 感動的

9.I know that many of you have questions.

我知道你們都滿腹狐疑,

10.I've just spoken with the police who are still putting together the details of what happened.

我剛和警察談過, 他們仍然在收集案件發生的線索。

What they do know is, Martha died a violent death.

他們目前知道的是Martha是死於暴力。

Yes, I know. It’s hard to hear.

是的, 我知道。這很嚇人。

Apparently, there was a struggle.

顯然瑪莎奮力掙扎過,

11.They found scratching and bruising on her body,several broken bones, and traces of dirt in her lungs,.which leads us to believe that she was still alive at the time of her burial, and probably in great pain.But the good news is, there are no signs that she had been molested.Now, I think it's time that you return to your homes, to your loved ones.

他們在她身上發現了抓痕和瘀傷,幾塊斷了的骨頭, 和肺部有吸入的塵土這些使我們相信她是被活埋的,很有可能經受了巨大的痛苦,但好消息是沒有跡象表明她曾被性侵犯,我想大家可以散了吧,回到你們所愛的家人身邊了.

scratch: 抓痕 bruise: 瘀傷

trace: 痕跡 dirt:: 土 lung: 肺

burial: 埋葬probably: 可能,也許

sign: 跡象 molest: 折磨,調戲,對…進行性騷擾


12.Oh, in lieu of a memorial service, I'll be holding an estate sale the day after tomorrow.

哦, 我就不舉辦追悼會了,我會在後天舉辦一個房產銷售會

lieu: 代替 in lieu of: 代替 memorial: 紀念的service: 服務,接待 hold: 舉辦 estate: 房產

13.Please, no personal checks.

請 -- 不要使用私人支票

personal: 私人的,個人的 check: 支票


分享到:


相關文章: