You just didn’t want me running my mouth.你不想我到處亂說


1. Did you have a good time?玩得盡興嗎?

2.Yeah, I did. It was great.是的非常不錯。

3.Look, I want you to know that I’m really sorry I talked to Julie. But she did promise me that she wasn’t going to say anything to her mom."

我想告訴你,我很抱歉我告訴了朱莉。但她向我保證她不會告訴她媽媽。

4."It’s okay. I handled Susan."

沒關係. Susan那邊我會處理。

handle: 處理

5. "Good."很好。

6."But we need to talk about these things that you think you remember. They’re not true."

但我們應該談談這些,你以為你記得的那些事,它們不是真的。

7. "How can they not be true?"

它們怎麼可能不是真的?

8."Memories lie, Zach. You didn’t kill anyone. Dana is very much alive."

記憶也會說謊, Zach。你沒有殺死任何人,Dana還好好地活著。

memory: 記憶 lie: 說謊 alive: 活著的

9.Are you okay? I know this is a lot to digest all at once."

你沒事吧? 我知道你可能一下子接受不了。

digest: 吸收,接受

10. "I’m fine. I’m just happy you finally told me the truth. One thing though. Why are you telling me all this now?"

我很好,我只是很高興你終於告訴我真相了。不過, 還有一件事 --為什麼你現在告訴我?

11. "I couldn’t let you keep thinking that you killed someone. No one should carry that kind of burden."

我不想讓你一直覺得你殺了某人。沒有人應該承受這樣的心理負擔。

burden: 負擔

12."Or you just didn’t want me running my mouth."

你不想我到處亂說

Run one’s mouth意思是to talk excessively or foolishly(說得太多,大嘴巴)。

13."That’s not what’s it’s about."

沒那回事。

14. "Yes, it is. I won’t tell anyone. I’ll keep your secret. Dad."

就是那回事。我不會告訴任何人,我會保守秘密,爸爸。

15. "Thank you."

16. "But we’re not moving."

但我們不會搬家了。

17."That’s out of the question."

不可能

out of the question 不可能

out of question 沒問題

18. "Well, I’m not leaving Julie, and if you want my support, that’s the deal."

我不想離開Julie,如果你想要我支持你, 這就是條件

。/那就這麼定了

19. "And if I refuse?"

如果我拒絕呢?

20. "You won’t."

你不會的。


分享到:


相關文章: