【考研英語】名詞性從句四、表語從句

表語從句位於主句的連繫動詞之後,在非正式文體中引導詞that可以省略。

例如:

That’s not what I want. 那不是我要的。

That’s why I have come. 那就是我為什麼來了。

My opinion is that things will improve. 我的意見是事情會好起來的。

One advantage of solar energy is that it will never run out. 太陽能的一個優點是永遠也不會枯竭。

The truth is that he didn’t really try. 實際情況是他沒有真正努力。

The problem is who is to pay and when we can start. 問題是誰來付帳、我們又何時開始。

The fact is that he didn’t notice the car until too late. 事實是他注意到車時已經太晚了。

What surprised me was that he spoke English so well. 使我感到吃驚的是他英語講得那麼好。

All I can say is that I have nothing to do with it. 我能說的就是我與此事沒有關係。

What I want to know is where we shall go and whether she will join us. 我想知道的是我們要去什麼地方以及她是否加入我們。

表語從句位於主句的連繫動詞之後,在非正式文體中引導詞that可以省略。

例如:

The fact is that he didn’t notice the car until too late. 事實是他注意到車時已經太晚了。

What surprised me was that he spoke English so well. 使我感到吃驚的是他英語講得那麼好。

All I can say is that I have nothing to do with it. 我能說的就是我與此事沒有關係。

What I want to know is where we shall go and whether she will join us. 我想知道的是我們要去什麼地方以及她是否加入我們。

表語從句還可由as if (好像)引導。

例如:

It looked as if it was/were going to rain. (虛擬語氣)

Now let’s do some translation:

這就是她昨天請一天假的原因。

That is why she had a day off yesterday.

我的想法是,個人的權利應該得到充分尊重。

My idea is that individual rights should be fully respected.

問題在於上帝是否真的存在。

The question is whether the God really exists.

我想知道的是,他是如何在這麼短的時間內完成這個項目的。

What I want to know is how he managed to complete the project in such a short time.

【考研英語】名詞性從句四、表語從句

形容詞後的that 從句

that 引導的名詞性從句還可以用在一些形容詞後面。這種句型一般都用人作主語,所用的形容詞都是表示思想狀況或感情色彩的形容詞,如certain, sure, positive, afraid, convinced, anxious, disappointed, worried, glad, happy, sorry, amazed, surprised, aware, doubtful, confident等等。

例如:

I am sure/certain that he’s at home now. 我肯定他現在在家。

He became angry that you made the same mistake. 你犯了同樣的錯誤,他生氣了。

He remains confident that he will win. 他仍然自信他會贏

She is aware that I can’t help her. 她知道我幫不了她的忙。

I am glad that you’ve come. 你來了我很高興。

He appeared/seemed surprised that I said “no”. 我說不,他似乎很吃驚。

I am afraid that I can’t promise you anything. 恐怕我不能向你保證什麼。

We were rather disappointed that you were not able to come yesterday. 昨天你沒能來我們有點失望。

I am a bit worried that she will not be able to make it. 我有點擔心她做不成這件事情。


分享到:


相關文章: