雙語閱讀:Love Your Life(含MP3錄音)

聆聽美文

However mean your life is, meet it and live it;

無論你的生活如何卑微,都要正視它,並活下去;

do not shun it and call it hard names.

不要躲避它,也不要惡語相加。

It is not so bad as you are.

你的生活不像你本人那麼糟糕。

It looks poorest when you are richest.

你最富有的時候,你的生活看上去倒似最貧窮。

雙語閱讀:Love Your Life(含MP3錄音)

The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise.

吹毛求疵的人即便在天堂也能挑出瑕疵。

Love your life, poor as it is.

你要熱愛你的生活,儘管生活一貧如洗。

You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours,even in a poorhouse.

即使身處濟貧院,你也可能享受一段愉快、興奮、美妙的時光。

The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode;

西斜的落日映照在濟貧院窗戶上的餘暉,與照射在富貴人家豪宅上的一樣光芒萬丈;

雙語閱讀:Love Your Life(含MP3錄音)

the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

門前的積雪同在早春消融。

I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.

在我看來,一個心態平和的人處事泰然,思想樂觀,過著自得其樂的生活,住在濟貧院就如同居住在皇宮裡一般。

The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.

依我之見,城鎮的貧民倒是往往過著最獨立不羈的生活。

Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.

也許他們十分偉大,對任何事情皆可坦然受之。

Most think that they are above being supported by the town;

大多數人認為他們不屑於接受城鎮的施救;

雙語閱讀:Love Your Life(含MP3錄音)

but it oftener happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means, which should be more disreputable.

但是實際上他們經常使用不誠實的手段來維持自己的生計,這是更為不體面的。

Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage.

像聖賢一樣,如同栽培花園中的花草一般來培養貧困吧。

Do not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends.

犯不著千辛萬苦以求獲得新東西,無論是衣服還是朋友。

Turn the old; return to them.

返璞,歸真。

Things do not change; we change.

萬物沒有變,是我們在變。

雙語閱讀:Love Your Life(含MP3錄音)

Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.

衣履可鬻,所思必存。

God will see that you do not want society.

上帝會證明,你並不需要社會。

If I were confined to a corner of a garret all my days,like a spider,the world would be just as large to me while I had my thoughts about me.

如果我每天都躲在閣樓一角,像只蜘蛛一樣,可只要我的思想指引我,世界於我還是一樣的廣闊無邊。

雙語閱讀:Love Your Life(含MP3錄音)

本文版權屬於英語週報,歡迎分享到朋友圈

後語:堅持是一種信仰,專注是一種態度!每一次您的轉發,就是對我們的認同和鼓勵!親們,喜歡就積極轉發吧,您的每一次轉發,都是我們持續的原創動力。原創的路上感恩有您一路同行!!!

關注“英語週報”頭條號,最原創、最海量、最有價值、最有內容、最有情懷的深度閱讀平臺。


分享到:


相關文章: