关于公众场所行为习惯的对话——学最常用最地道的美语口语表达

人物:丈夫yikes、妻子、服务员waitress

背景:yikes和妻子到好不容易找好了保姆后他们俩打算去饭店好好吃下饭,可是饭店又很吵,还看见一个小孩子在服务员面前跑差点让服务员把盘子掉下来而孩子的父母亲坐在那完全不管……



(建议:先理解下面所有对话,再听录音,也可以去头条号里去看相对应的视频)

Wife: 唉呀!

Husband: what happened? 什么事?

Wife: I can’t believe it, All of a sudden, a kid ran in front of that waitress, and she almost dropped her tray.

简直不敢相信, 一个小孩突然从那个服务员前面跑过去,那个服务员的盘子差点都掉了。

All of a sudden: 英文解释:suddenly 中文意思是突然,猛然

Husband: what? 不会吧

Wife: yeah. Look, the parents are just sitting there while their kid’s totally out of control.

是呀,你看,他父母就坐在那儿完全不管孩子。

out of control:英文解释:be disruptive 中文意思是不予管理。

Husband: what? I can’t hear you, it’s so noisy in here.

什么?我没听清,这儿太吵了。

Wife: I said his parents aren’t paying any attention to him at all.

我说他爸爸妈妈完全没注意到他。

at all:英文解释:zero pecent 中文意思 根本,完全

Wife: I don’t think they have a clue that he’s causing trouble.

我觉得他们都不知道他的孩子在制造麻烦。

Not have a clue (about/that): not have any idea (about/that) 一点都不知道

Husband: well, this is just what we need after going through all the trouble of getting a babysitter.

呵呵,他们这种状态正是我们历尽千辛万苦找好保姆后所需要。

Go through (all) the trouble of: do something that is difficult. 经历很困难的事情。

husband: I thought we came here to eat in peace for once.

我还以为我来这儿可以安静的吃一餐饭呢。

in peace: in a quiet atmosphere 在一个安静的氛围中

wife: maybe we should just go somewhere else, it’s taking forever to get our foods anyway.

也许我们应该换个地方,反正我们食物要很久才来呢。

Take (someone) forever to: take a very long time +infinitive. 花很长时间做某事。

Husband: that’s not a bad idea.

这建议也行。

Wife: uh-oh, it’s too late, our food’s coming.

啊-哦,太晚了,我们的食物来了。

Waitress: sorry for the wait.

不好意思让你们等这么久了。

Wife

: that’s OK, you’re really busy tonight. I saw what just happened with that kid. You have a pretty dangerous job.

没事,今晚们生意很忙呀,我刚刚看到了你所发生的那一幕。你的工作也挺危险的。

Waitress: yeah, unfortunately not all parents keep their kids under control. But I guess that’s part of the job.

是的,很遗憾不是所有的父母亲都会管好自己的孩子的,但是我认为那也是他们工作的一部分吧。

Keep (sb) under control: keep/maintain order 让某人处于管理之下。

Husband: well, we’d never put up with that kind of behavior from our kids.

我是决不会容许我们的孩子有那种行为的。

husband: I have nothing against taking kids to restaurants. But the bottom line is that the kids need to learn how to behave, especially in public.

我认为带孩子到饭店也没什么,但最起码的是孩子需要学会注意自己的行为, 特别是在公众场合。

Put up with:tolerate 容许,宽恕

I have nothing against……: have no problem with, have no negative feeling about……

The bottom line (is that……): the basic truth 最起码的要求,底线

Wife: oh, look-here comes the manager, I think he’s going to talk to them. I wonder if he’s going to ask them to leave.

看,经理过来了,我想他会去跟他们讲的,我就不知道他会不会叫他们走。


如果你觉得对你的英文学习有一点点帮助,请点赞关注,我会做的更好,Thanks a million.


分享到:


相關文章: