His visual instincts are off the chart.他的领悟力也超乎寻常

口语学习:

1.It's forever since we had lunch.

我们很久没在一起吃午饭了。

2.As happy as I am to see you, I actually have an agenda.

我也很高兴见到你,不过其实我是有企图的。

3.Yeah, he's been thinking about making a move for a while.

他已经蠢蠢欲动了好一阵子了

4.He kind of feels like he's done everything he can where he is now.

目前他感觉自己的职业发展遇到了瓶颈

5.His visual instincts are off the chart.

他的领悟力也超乎寻常。



(Natalie: "This is fun. It's forever since we had lunch."

这很有趣,我们很久没在一起吃午饭了。

Lynette: "Well, as happy as I am to see you, I actually have an agenda. I ran into someone last week who said you guys were looking to hire. Is that true?"

我也很高兴见到你,不过其实我是有企图的。上周我听说你们在招人。是真的吗?

Natalie: "Yeah. Are you thinking of coming back? Because say the word -"

是真的,这么说,你打算回来啦。

Lynette: "No, no, not me. I was actually thinking more about Tom."

不不,不是我,其实是汤姆。

Natalie: "Oh, Tom?"

喔,是汤姆。

Lynette: "Yeah, he's been thinking about making a move for a while. He kind of feels like he's done everything he can where he is now."

他已经蠢蠢欲动了好一阵子了,目前他感到自己的职业发展遇到了瓶颈。

Natalie: "Huh. Well, Tom's certainly solid."

汤姆确实是不错的。

solid adj. 可信赖的,可靠的

Lynette: "He's more than solid, Tom's ideas are spectacular. He's passionate about his work. His visual instincts are off the chart."

他不仅仅不错,他的创意简直是无与伦比,他对工作充满热情,他的领悟力也超乎寻常。

chart, 是表格的意思,off 离开的意思,off the charts,不在表格上了,意思是超常。

Natalie: "Is he as good as you?"

他和你一样优秀吗?

Lynette: "He's apples, I'm oranges, we excel in different areas. Trust me, you should give Tom a look."

他是苹果,我是橘子,我们各有优势。相信我,考虑一下汤姆吧。

Natalie: "I don't need apples. I need someone like you. Cutthroat. Ruthless."

我不需要苹果。我需要像你这样的人。冷酷无情,干脆利落。

Lynette: "Geez, Nat, you make me feel like some kind of shark. Ah, okay. You know, actually, if that's the kind of exec you're looking for..."

天啊,娜塔,你把我说得像条鲨鱼。好的,你知道,实际上,如果你找的是这类型,

exec=executive officer n. 执行官;主任参谋

Natalie: "You'd get a shark for me?"

你手头有这样的人?

Lynette: "Yes, a very pretty shark."

没错,一条漂亮的鲨鱼。


分享到:


相關文章: