前綴 Prefixes


BBC六分鐘詞彙 - 前綴 Prefixes

-Hello and welcome to 6 Minute Vocabulary, if you're serious about vocabulary, we'll show you how to learn it. I'm Finn. - And I'm Alice.

-歡迎來到六分鐘英語詞彙,如果你重視詞彙,那我們會教你如何學習。我是費恩。-我是愛麗絲。

In today's show we're going to look at a very interesting area of vocabulary — prefixes.

本期節目我們將探索詞彙中的一個有趣類別——前綴。

We'll look at what they are, what they mean and how to use them.

我們會學到什麼是前綴,它們的意思是什麼以及如何使用它們。

There'll be a quiz.

然後還有個小測試。

And we'll leave you with a top tip for learning vocabulary.

我們還會教你一個學習詞彙的好妙招。

But before all that, we're going to hear from Dave. He's just got back from lunch, but he isn't happy.

在此之前,我們先聽聽戴夫的事兒,他剛吃完午飯回來,看著不太高興。

Now, a question to think about while you listen: what was the problem with Dave's food?

聽錄音回答問題:戴夫的食物怎麼了?

What was the problem with Dave's food? Let's find out.

戴夫的食物怎麼了?讓我們來聽聽看吧。

I just tried the new seafood restaurant, and I wish I hadn't. It was intolerable!

我剛去吃了新開的海鮮餐館,真後悔。簡直令人無法忍受!

To start with, my seat was really uncomfortable. I had no room to move.

首先,我的座位很不舒服。沒有空間動彈。

And the menu was very misleading. The photos looked nothing like the actual food.

菜單也很誤導人。實物和照片完全不一樣。

When my food came it was uncooked. I told the waiter, but he disagreed. He said it was fine. He said he'd eat it himself!

我點的食物還沒熟。我跟服務生說了,他卻不這麼認為,他說就是這樣的。他說他自己已經試過了!

And I looked in the kitchen — it was really unhygienic.

然後我看了看廚房,非常的不衛生。

There was food all over the floor. It was a disgrace!

地上到處都是食物,簡直是名聲掃地!

So Dave's pretty unhappy. And what was wrong with his food?

戴夫非常不高興。他的食物怎麼了呢?

Well, he said that it was uncooked. It was cold and raw because it hadn't been cooked.

他說食物還沒熟。又冷又生,因為根本沒做熟。

Not very nice! Well done if you got that right at home.

的確不太好。如果你答對了的話那很棒哦。

Now, uncooked is an example of the vocabulary area we're looking at today — prefixes.

未烹飪過的就是我們今天要學的前綴詞彙之中的例子。

Yes: prefixes — or as some people say: prefixes. Prefixes, prefixes.

是的,前綴。

A prefix is a small part of a word, usually just a couple of letters, that we put at the front of a base word to change its meaning.

前綴是單詞的一小部分,通常是幾個字母組成的,放在原詞前能改變詞義。

For example, the prefix un, spelt u-n, is added to happy, to make unhappy, which means not happy.

比如,前綴 un 加在 happy 前可以變成 unhappy,意思是不滿意。

And Dave was unhappy about the restaurant.

戴夫對餐館不滿意。

Yes. He said the seats were uncomfortable — meaning not comfortable, and the kitchen was unhygienic, meaning unclean — not clean.

是的。他說座位不舒服,廚房不乾淨。

So that's un, meaning 'not' — and all today's prefixes have the meaning of not.

un 的意思是 not,今天的前綴都有不的意思。

So, Dave said the meal was intolerable. Intolerable. In - spelt i-n - is another prefix that can mean not — and poor Dave couldn't tolerate the meal.

戴夫說食物無法忍受。in 是另外一個能表達“不”的前綴,可憐的戴夫無法忍受這餐食。

Now, let's listen to a bit more of Dave.

我們再聽聽戴夫說了什麼。

I told the waiter, but he disagreed. He said it was fine.

我跟服務生說了,他卻不認同。他說這沒問題。

The waiter disagreed with him about the food.

服務生不同意他說的食物的問題。

The prefix dis, spelt d-i-s, means not, or 'to do the opposite', like disagree – to not agree.

dis 這個前綴也有“不”的意思,或者說是相反的意思,disagree 就是 not agree 的意思。

Yes, and Dave said it was a disgrace — they should be ashamed of it.

是的,戴夫說這是個恥辱,他們應該感到丟臉。

Let's hear today's prefixes again.

讓我們再聽聽今天學的前綴吧。

-The first one was: un. - Unhappy, uncooked, unhygienic, unclean.

-第一個是:un。-不滿意的,未經烹飪的,不衛生的,不乾淨的。

-In. - Intolerable, inexpensive.

-In。-無法忍受的,不貴的。

-Dis. -Disagree, disgrace.

-Dis.-不同意,丟臉的。

And it's time for a quiz. Try to work out the word that finishes the sentence. Ready?

接下來是測試時間。找出補全句子的單詞。準備好了嗎?

Number 1. The advert said that the phone was £5 a month, but it didn't say anything about the £50 set-up fee.

1,廣告說電話費用是5磅每月,但是沒有說開通費要50磅。

It was very. . . a) unhappy b) inexpensive c) misleading.

這非常的:a) unhappy b) inexpensive c) misleading.

The advert made people believe something that isn't true, so it was very. . . c) misleading.

廣告誤導了大家,所以應該是:c) misleading.

Now number 2. This letter has come to the wrong house. There's been a. . . a) mistake b) disgrace c) disagreement.

2,信送錯了地方。這是個:a) mistake b) disgrace c) disagreement.

It's not correct so. . . a) mistake.

這是錯誤的,所以選 a) mistake.

Well done if you got those right.

如果你做對了的話那很棒哦。

And that brings us almost to the end of today's programme.

這樣的話,本期節目就快要結束了。

Before we go, here's today's top tip for learning vocabulary: if you look up some of today's words in a dictionary, you'll find lots more words starting with the same prefixes.

結束之前,告訴大家一個詞彙學習的妙招:如果你在字典裡查閱今天學的單詞,你會發現很多以同樣前綴開頭的詞彙。

Many of them may be words that you already knew without the prefix.

其中很多單詞除去前綴可能是你已經習得的。

So, when you add a prefix, you get two words for the price of one!

因此,當你給它加上前綴的時候,就能得到買一送一的單詞啦!

That's brilliant. Sounds like a good way to quickly double your vocabulary.

太棒了。聽起來是個增加詞彙量的好辦法。

Very good. Isn't it?

很棒不是嗎?

There's more about this at www. bbclearningenglish. com. Join us again for more 6 Minute Vocabulary.

BBC英語學習網,歡迎訪問更多。快加入六分鐘詞彙學習吧。

-Bye! -Bye.

-再見。-再見。


分享到:


相關文章: