看美剧学口语:I am flattered. 你过奖了,不敢当,受宠若惊



Hey, Mrs. Solis.

嗨, SOLIS夫人。

I'm sorry. Do I know you?

不好意思, 我们认识吗?

Yeah, I'm Justin. John's roommate? I've been waiting forever for you to show up.

我是JUSTIN -- JOHN的室友?我等了你好久了。

Really, why?

真的? 为什么?

I want to do you a favor.

我想帮你一个忙。

What kind of favor?

什么忙?

Well, John says that you can't exactly afford a gardener right now, and I told him I'd be happy to do it. For free.

JOHN说你现在没钱请园丁了,我告诉他我很愿意免费服务。

You want to mow my lawn for free?

你想要免费为我修草坪?

Mow your lawn, water your flowers, trim your bushes. I could do everything John did for you.

修草坪, 浇花,还有剪枝条,我能做JOHN为你做的任何事。

That's very generous of you, but I don't think so.

你很客气, 但我不想你来做。

Why?

为什么?

Because my husband is home quite a lot these days. If any bush needs trimming, he takes care of it.

因为这段日子我丈夫经常在家。如果需要剪枝条了, 他能去做。

Well, this is a very beautiful yard. I'm sureit could use a little extra attention.

这是个美丽的院子。我敢肯定它需要一些额外的照料。

I'm flattered but no thank you.

过奖啦, 但是不用了, 谢谢。

Mrs. Solis, please.

SOLIS夫人, 拜托了。

Did I mention why my husband's home a lot? He's under house arrest.

我告诉过你为什么我丈夫经常在家吗? 他正被软禁中

Oh?

噢?

He has a lot of anger toward the government right now and he's just dying to find someone to take it out on.

他现在对政府很气愤,正想找个人出出气呢。

be dying to do 渴望做某事


分享到:


相關文章: