看美劇學口語:I am flattered. 你過獎了,不敢當,受寵若驚



Hey, Mrs. Solis.

嗨, SOLIS夫人。

I'm sorry. Do I know you?

不好意思, 我們認識嗎?

Yeah, I'm Justin. John's roommate? I've been waiting forever for you to show up.

我是JUSTIN -- JOHN的室友?我等了你好久了。

Really, why?

真的? 為什麼?

I want to do you a favor.

我想幫你一個忙。

What kind of favor?

什麼忙?

Well, John says that you can't exactly afford a gardener right now, and I told him I'd be happy to do it. For free.

JOHN說你現在沒錢請園丁了,我告訴他我很願意免費服務。

You want to mow my lawn for free?

你想要免費為我修草坪?

Mow your lawn, water your flowers, trim your bushes. I could do everything John did for you.

修草坪, 澆花,還有剪枝條,我能做JOHN為你做的任何事。

That's very generous of you, but I don't think so.

你很客氣, 但我不想你來做。

Why?

為什麼?

Because my husband is home quite a lot these days. If any bush needs trimming, he takes care of it.

因為這段日子我丈夫經常在家。如果需要剪枝條了, 他能去做。

Well, this is a very beautiful yard. I'm sureit could use a little extra attention.

這是個美麗的院子。我敢肯定它需要一些額外的照料。

I'm flattered but no thank you.

過獎啦, 但是不用了, 謝謝。

Mrs. Solis, please.

SOLIS夫人, 拜託了。

Did I mention why my husband's home a lot? He's under house arrest.

我告訴過你為什麼我丈夫經常在家嗎? 他正被軟禁中

Oh?

噢?

He has a lot of anger toward the government right now and he's just dying to find someone to take it out on.

他現在對政府很氣憤,正想找個人出出氣呢。

be dying to do 渴望做某事


分享到:


相關文章: