We’re just going to have to agree to disagree.我们求同存异

1."Oh, I thought I’d just eat this in my room."

我想在我的房间里吃。

2. "You know, the house isn’t that big, Rodney. You’re going to have to stop avoiding me."

你知道, 房子并没有那么大, Rodney,你不要再躲着我了。

3."Okay, okay. Lois isn’t a supplier."

好的, 好的!Lois不是一个供应商。

4.(sarcastic emphasis): "Really..."

真的?sarcastic: 讽刺的 emphasis: 强调

5. "And I want to apologize. I, I thought you and the kids were going to be gone all afternoon. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"

我要道歉。我以为你和孩子们整个下午都会不在,有什么我能为你做的, 来补偿一下吗?

6. "Well, for starters, you can wipe that disgusting smirk off your face."

首先,你可以收起那恶心虚伪的假笑

wipe: 消除,拭去 disgusting: 令人厌恶的 smirk: 假笑

7. "Lynette!"

8. "How could you do something like this to Alison?"

你怎么可以这么对Allison?

9. "I don’t know. I don't know, it happens a little bit at a time. Years go by, the kids burn you out, I’m on the road so much, we just drifted apart. It’s complicated."

我不知道, 这种事偶尔就会发生。年复一年, 我被孩子们搞得筋疲力尽,而我又一直在出差。我们渐渐淡薄, 那很复杂。

burn: 烧 drift: 漂流,漂泊 complicate: 复杂的

10.: "It’s not complicated. It’s completely irresponsible."

那并不复杂, 完全是不负责任

irresponsible: 不负责任的

11."For years, I have stayed married to a woman that I don’t love because I made a vow to God. So don’t talk to me about responsibilities!"

多年来, 我老老实实地和一个我不爱的女人

维持婚姻关系,就是因为我向上帝发了誓,所以你别跟我说什么责任。

married: 结婚的 vow: 誓约 responsibility: 责任

12. "But you take on this is you’re the victim?"

那么你认为在这事上你是受害者?

victim: 受害者

13. "Oh, I can see that, uh, we’re just going to have to agree to disagree."

哦, 所以我们双方各自保留意见/求同存异

agree: 同意 disagree: 不一致

14. "We’re not done here."

我们还没谈完呢

15. "Oh yeah, we are! Cause my sex life is my own business. Not yours. And there’s nothing you can do about it anyway."

哦, 不, 我们谈完了。因为我的性生活是我的私事, 与你无关, 而且你也改变不了什么

16. "Dad, what are you doing?"

爸?你在干嘛?

17.: "I don’t want to talk about it."

我不想谈

18. "Talk about what? Does Lynette know you’re out here?"

谈什么? Lynette知道你在这儿吗?

19."Oh yeah, she knows. Could you drive me to the airport?"

哦, 是啊, 她知道。你能开车送我去机场吗?

20.. "Wait here."

在这儿等一下。

-Tom: "Lynette?"

-Lynette: "Yeah..."

21. "Why is my dad sitting out on the curb?"

我爸爸为什么坐在路边啊?

curb: (街道或人行道的)路缘

22. "Because I kicked him out of

the house."

因为我把他赶了出去

23. "I see. You want to tell me why?"

我-我明白了, 能告诉我为什么吗?

24."Hold on. I made you a drink."

等一下。我给你准备了一些喝的。

25. "Oh God, what did he do?"

哦, 上帝, 他到底做了什么?

26."Yesterday, I came home, and I walked in on your dad with a woman. He’s having an affair. I am so, so sorry. I know. Are you okay?"

昨天我回家正巧peng'dao你爸爸和一个女人在一起。他有外遇. 真抱歉,天啊!我明白,, 你没事吧?

affair: 事情;风流韵事,私通

27. "Yeah, um, I should go talk to him."

嗯. 我要和他谈谈

28. "That’s it?"

只是那样?

29. "What?"

什么?

30. "I just, I expected a bigger reaction. I’ve been sitting here with knots in my stomach."

我 --我以为你会有更强烈的反应,我一直坐在坐立不安呢。

reaction: 反应 knot: 打结 stomach: 胃

31. "Okay, look, I never mentioned this before, because I knew how you’d react, but, um, I’m not that surprised by this. My father’s been having affairs for years."

好吧, 你看, 我以前从未提过,因为我知道你会有什么样的反应。但是, 嗯...听到这事我并不觉得吃惊,我老爸有外遇已经有好多年了。

mention: 提到,提及 react: 反应

32. "You knew about this?"

你知道这事?

33. "Yeah. Kind of. I mean, it was mostly in the past. I mean, I didn’t know that he was still at it. I mean, I figured

he was getting too old. In some strange way, I’m actually impressed, you know?"

那基本上都在过去,我不知道仍然这样,我以为他已经太老了。从某种角度说,他还真有两下子。

figure: 领会到 strange: 奇怪的 impressed: 有印象的

34. "Impressed? Impressed? I-Tom, please, please don’t tell me you’re all right with this!"

有两下子? 我 -- Tom, 拜托, 别告诉我你认为这无所谓

35. "I’m not! No! No! He should never have brought that woman over here!"

当然不是!不!不!他根本不应该把女人带到这儿来。

36. "No, he should never have been with her in the first place!"

不, 他根本就不应该和那个女人在一起

37. "I know, I know! But you know, that’s who he is, and I mean, it’s been going on for years

. My mom’s made peace with it."

peace: 和平

我明白。但是, 他就是那样的人那已经很多年了我妈妈都不管了

38. "I seriously doubt that."

我才不信呢。

39. "Look, you know, there’s no point in talking about this. But, I’m going to go get my father, I’m going to bring him back in here,I’m going to put him in his room, and we can all just cool off."

你看,讨论这个没有意义。我去接我爸爸回来这儿把他安置进房间,然后这事就算过去了。

There’s no point in doing做......是没有意义的

40. "That man is not coming back in this house."

那家伙不能再进这个房子了。

41. "Yes, he is!"

他可以进来。

42. "No, he’s not."

不, 他不能进来

-43.Lynette,he is my father. This is my house.You can't tell me what to do.

他是我爸爸, 这是我的家。你没权指挥我。

44. "I say we go up there and kick the door down."

我建议我们过去把门踹开。

45. "Yeah, Dad, you do that. Let me know how that works out for you."

好啊, 爸爸, 你上吧。我想看看你的下场呢。


分享到:


相關文章: