We’re just going to have to agree to disagree.我們求同存異

1."Oh, I thought I’d just eat this in my room."

我想在我的房間裡吃。

2. "You know, the house isn’t that big, Rodney. You’re going to have to stop avoiding me."

你知道, 房子並沒有那麼大, Rodney,你不要再躲著我了。

3."Okay, okay. Lois isn’t a supplier."

好的, 好的!Lois不是一個供應商。

4.(sarcastic emphasis): "Really..."

真的?sarcastic: 諷刺的 emphasis: 強調

5. "And I want to apologize. I, I thought you and the kids were going to be gone all afternoon. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"

我要道歉。我以為你和孩子們整個下午都會不在,有什麼我能為你做的, 來補償一下嗎?

6. "Well, for starters, you can wipe that disgusting smirk off your face."

首先,你可以收起那噁心虛偽的假笑

wipe: 消除,拭去 disgusting: 令人厭惡的 smirk: 假笑

7. "Lynette!"

8. "How could you do something like this to Alison?"

你怎麼可以這麼對Allison?

9. "I don’t know. I don't know, it happens a little bit at a time. Years go by, the kids burn you out, I’m on the road so much, we just drifted apart. It’s complicated."

我不知道, 這種事偶爾就會發生。年復一年, 我被孩子們搞得筋疲力盡,而我又一直在出差。我們漸漸淡薄, 那很複雜。

burn: 燒 drift: 漂流,漂泊 complicate: 複雜的

10.: "It’s not complicated. It’s completely irresponsible."

那並不複雜, 完全是不負責任

irresponsible: 不負責任的

11."For years, I have stayed married to a woman that I don’t love because I made a vow to God. So don’t talk to me about responsibilities!"

多年來, 我老老實實地和一個我不愛的女人

維持婚姻關係,就是因為我向上帝發了誓,所以你別跟我說什麼責任。

married: 結婚的 vow: 誓約 responsibility: 責任

12. "But you take on this is you’re the victim?"

那麼你認為在這事上你是受害者?

victim: 受害者

13. "Oh, I can see that, uh, we’re just going to have to agree to disagree."

哦, 所以我們雙方各自保留意見/求同存異

agree: 同意 disagree: 不一致

14. "We’re not done here."

我們還沒談完呢

15. "Oh yeah, we are! Cause my sex life is my own business. Not yours. And there’s nothing you can do about it anyway."

哦, 不, 我們談完了。因為我的性生活是我的私事, 與你無關, 而且你也改變不了什麼

16. "Dad, what are you doing?"

爸?你在幹嘛?

17.: "I don’t want to talk about it."

我不想談

18. "Talk about what? Does Lynette know you’re out here?"

談什麼? Lynette知道你在這兒嗎?

19."Oh yeah, she knows. Could you drive me to the airport?"

哦, 是啊, 她知道。你能開車送我去機場嗎?

20.. "Wait here."

在這兒等一下。

-Tom: "Lynette?"

-Lynette: "Yeah..."

21. "Why is my dad sitting out on the curb?"

我爸爸為什麼坐在路邊啊?

curb: (街道或人行道的)路緣

22. "Because I kicked him out of

the house."

因為我把他趕了出去

23. "I see. You want to tell me why?"

我-我明白了, 能告訴我為什麼嗎?

24."Hold on. I made you a drink."

等一下。我給你準備了一些喝的。

25. "Oh God, what did he do?"

哦, 上帝, 他到底做了什麼?

26."Yesterday, I came home, and I walked in on your dad with a woman. He’s having an affair. I am so, so sorry. I know. Are you okay?"

昨天我回家正巧peng'dao你爸爸和一個女人在一起。他有外遇. 真抱歉,天啊!我明白,, 你沒事吧?

affair: 事情;風流韻事,私通

27. "Yeah, um, I should go talk to him."

嗯. 我要和他談談

28. "That’s it?"

只是那樣?

29. "What?"

什麼?

30. "I just, I expected a bigger reaction. I’ve been sitting here with knots in my stomach."

我 --我以為你會有更強烈的反應,我一直坐在坐立不安呢。

reaction: 反應 knot: 打結 stomach: 胃

31. "Okay, look, I never mentioned this before, because I knew how you’d react, but, um, I’m not that surprised by this. My father’s been having affairs for years."

好吧, 你看, 我以前從未提過,因為我知道你會有什麼樣的反應。但是, 嗯...聽到這事我並不覺得吃驚,我老爸有外遇已經有好多年了。

mention: 提到,提及 react: 反應

32. "You knew about this?"

你知道這事?

33. "Yeah. Kind of. I mean, it was mostly in the past. I mean, I didn’t know that he was still at it. I mean, I figured

he was getting too old. In some strange way, I’m actually impressed, you know?"

那基本上都在過去,我不知道仍然這樣,我以為他已經太老了。從某種角度說,他還真有兩下子。

figure: 領會到 strange: 奇怪的 impressed: 有印象的

34. "Impressed? Impressed? I-Tom, please, please don’t tell me you’re all right with this!"

有兩下子? 我 -- Tom, 拜託, 別告訴我你認為這無所謂

35. "I’m not! No! No! He should never have brought that woman over here!"

當然不是!不!不!他根本不應該把女人帶到這兒來。

36. "No, he should never have been with her in the first place!"

不, 他根本就不應該和那個女人在一起

37. "I know, I know! But you know, that’s who he is, and I mean, it’s been going on for years

. My mom’s made peace with it."

peace: 和平

我明白。但是, 他就是那樣的人那已經很多年了我媽媽都不管了

38. "I seriously doubt that."

我才不信呢。

39. "Look, you know, there’s no point in talking about this. But, I’m going to go get my father, I’m going to bring him back in here,I’m going to put him in his room, and we can all just cool off."

你看,討論這個沒有意義。我去接我爸爸回來這兒把他安置進房間,然後這事就算過去了。

There’s no point in doing做......是沒有意義的

40. "That man is not coming back in this house."

那傢伙不能再進這個房子了。

41. "Yes, he is!"

他可以進來。

42. "No, he’s not."

不, 他不能進來

-43.Lynette,he is my father. This is my house.You can't tell me what to do.

他是我爸爸, 這是我的家。你沒權指揮我。

44. "I say we go up there and kick the door down."

我建議我們過去把門踹開。

45. "Yeah, Dad, you do that. Let me know how that works out for you."

好啊, 爸爸, 你上吧。我想看看你的下場呢。


分享到:


相關文章: