看美剧学口语:That's your car pool.他们来了。car pool拼车

口语学习:

1.That's your car pool.

他们来等你了。

car pool 拼车

2.Can you tell them I'll be right there?

替我告诉他们我马上就来。

3.Honey, just give me a second to let the office wear off.

亲爱的,稍等会儿,让我把工作服脱了。

4.Alright, I'm in.好的,我来了。

5.Wow, that smell really soaked through, huh?

哇,那味道好冲。

6.That is the nature of baby throw-up.

宝宝吐奶就是这样。

7.It's just that guys sometimes like it when their women put a little effort into things.

只是男人有时候喜欢女人稍微打扮一下。



Tom: Honey, I'm going home late tonight. Peterson wants to take a bunch of us out for drinks.

亲爱的,我晚上会晚点回来,彼德森要带我们几个出去喝几杯。

Lynette: Oh, that's fine. I wanted to talk to you about something.

好的,我想跟你说点事。

Tom: What?

什么事?

Lynette: That's your car pool. You've gotta go, never mind.

他们来等你了。你走吧,没关系。

car pool

v. &n. 合伙用车;拼车;(公司机构等的)车队;

The city government wants citizens to organize car pools for transportation.
该市政府希望市民拼车出行。(n.)

A lot of people who worked in the same company also preferred to carpool to work and take turns driving instead of driving their own car to work everyday.(v.)
在公司上班的白领虽然都有车子,但是几个住的近的同事都会选择轮流开车,一起拼车上班。
在美国由于汽车高度发达,大多数人自己开车上下班导致严重浪费,为了提倡环保减少燃料的浪费,公路上设有专用拼车道:

CAR POOL LANE

地面是个菱形标志

CAR POOL ONLY


4条道的高速公路在高峰期,3条普通道堵的死死的,而只有最左边的CAR POOL畅通无阻


拼车上下班的人叫做CAR POOLER——拼车一族


Tom: Lynette, what is it?

勒奈特,什么事?

Lynette: It's nothing.

没什么

Tom: Okay.

好吧

Lynette: It's just-

只是

Lynette: We haven't had sex in ten days. And the longest we've ever gone before is nine.

我们有十天没做爱了。上次最长纪录是九天。

Tom: Are you sure? (glances at the door) Didn't we do it last Thursday?

你确定吗,我们上周四不是做过?

Lynette: We started to but then *huh* you fell asleep.

我们刚要开始,你就睡着了。

Tom: Is this why you're so worried? Because we can do it tonight if you want to.

这就是你焦虑的原因?要是你想,今晚就可以做。

Lynette: Whatever.随便啦。

Tom: No. I've got ten days pent up in me. We are doing it tonight. You've got nothing to worry about.

不不,我都压抑了10天了。我们今晚就做别担心了。

Tom: Oh, crap. You know what, I forgot my briefcase. Can you tell them I'll be right there?

糟糕,你瞧,我忘拿公文包了。替我告诉他们我马上就来。

Lynette: Sure.好的。

Annabel: Hi, Lynette, so is Tom nearly ready?

勒奈特,汤姆准备好了吗?

Lynette: Yeah, he's just getting his briefcase.

是的,他去拿公文包了。

Annabel: Oh, sorry. 抱歉

Lynette:It's ok. 没关系。

Tom: Bye.

Lynette: Bye.

Annabel: Bye.

Lynette: Okay, you boys, it's seven o'clock. It's time for bed.Excuse me, let's go.

孩子们,7点了。该睡了。走吧。

Parker: Why do we have to be in bed so early.

为什么要那么早就睡?

Lynette: I told you, honey, daddy and I have a special meeting tonight.Go on.

我告诉过你们,爸爸和我晚上有个特殊的约会。快去。

The boys: Ew!

Lynette: (blows them a kiss) I love you.

Tom: (Surprised) Woah!

Tom: Hi.

Lynette: Hi. (She's kissing him all over.)

Tom: Wow. Okay, this is the tenth day. Honey, just give me a second to let the office wear off.

好吧,第十天了。亲爱的,稍等会儿,让我把工作服脱了。

Tom: Alright, I'm in.好的,我来了。

Lynette: What are you thinking?

你在想什么?

Tom: I was just wondering what that smell was.

我在想那是什么味道。

Lynette: Oh. Oh, it's probably baby drool.

可能是宝宝的口水。

Lynette: There, now you have easier access.

行了,这下好了。

Tom: Incoming.

来了。

Lynette: What?

怎么啦?

Tom: Wow, that smell really soaked through, huh?

哇,那味道好冲。

soak vi.浸泡;渗透;渗入;

Lynette: Yes. It soaked through a little. That is the nature of baby throw-up.Do you want me to wear a hazmat suit or are you going to be okay?

是的,是有点冲。婴儿吐奶就是这样。难不成你要我穿防化服,还是你将就一下?

hazmat suit n.防化服

Tom: No no no. I just like it when you're all clean and you wear sexy clothes.

我只是喜欢你穿着干干净净的性感的衣服。

Lynette: (laughs) I don't own anything clean (hits him with his tie) or sexy (and again). Everything is either covered in baby spit (and again) or chunks of crayon. (and again)

我可没什么干净性感 的衣服,每件衣服上不是有婴儿的口水,就是蜡笔印。

Tom: Okay okay okay. I'm sorry.

好啦好啦,对不起。

Lynette: You make me feel like I just got off the shrimp boat, for god's sake.

天啊,你让我觉得自己好像从捕虾船上刚下来似的。

Tom: Honey, I said I'm sorry. It's just that guys sometimes like it when their women put a little effort into things.

宝贝,我说了对不起了。只是男人有时候喜欢女人稍微打扮一下。

Tom: Okay. Um. Can we just go back to the kissing thing? Please can we try that?

要不我们还是接着亲吻吧?试试看?

Lynette: Fine.好吧。

Lynette: Okay, off!算了

Preston (offscreen): The baby's up.

宝宝醒了。

Parker (offscreen): MOM! MOM!