Well, I see I’m getting out easy.說出來真痛快。

口語學習

1.They just upped their offer. He just made me vice president.

他們壓過那些公司的待遇,他升我做副總了

2.She got another job offer. I couldn't afford to lose her, not now."

有家公司來挖牆腳,我可不能失去她,尤其是現在。

3.Okay, you made your point."

好的,我明白你的意思了。

4. I gotta tell you, but this one, this is the stupidest.

我不吐不快,但這次絕對是最失敗的一次

5."You have been running this company into the ground since you got here.

從你進公司以來,公司業績就一直在下滑

6.Well, I see I’m getting out easy."

說出來真痛快。

7.Why she got the nod instead of you?

為什麼是她被挑中而不是你/

8.Have your desk cleaned out by tonight.

今晚之前收拾好你的桌子走人



Tom: "Hey, what's going on?"

嘿,怎麼回事?

Annabel: "Oh Tom, I have had the craziest day. This morning the guys from Mitchell and Currents called me in. and offered me a job.

湯姆,今天真是太瘋狂了。今天早上,米切爾和科斯恩公司打電話來說要聘我。

Tom: "Well, are you gonna take it?"

你打算接受嗎?

Annabel: "Well, I told Peterson about it and they just upped their offer. He just made me vice president."

我告訴彼德森了。他們壓過那些公司的待遇,他升我做副總了。

Tom: "Of what?"

哪的副總。

Annabel: "Tom! The firm. He gave me Duggan's old job. Isn't that wild? I gotta go tell Scotty. I'll see you later."

湯姆,整個公司的。我接替了達根,是不是很瘋狂。我得去告訴斯科特了。待會兒見。

Dan: "Oh Tom, I was just coming to find you."

湯姆,我正要找你呢。

Tom: "What the hell, Dan? I mean what the hell? You promoted Annabel over me?"

這算什麼?丹,這是什麼意思?你竟然給安娜貝爾升職而不是給我?

Dan: "She got another job offer. I couldn't afford to lose her, not now."

有家公司來挖牆腳,我可不能失去她,尤其是現在。

Tom: "Well, guess what, you lose me, 'cause I quit."

好吧,那你要失去我了,我要辭職。

Dan: "Tom, don't overreact."

湯姆別這麼激動。

Tom: "No, the first time you passed me by, I took it like a good soldier, but since Duggan's heart attack, I have already been doing the job, I've already been doing it, then you just hand it to Annabel?"

不,第一次你把我忽略了,我默默地接受了。但自從達根心臟病突發,我實際上已經接手他的工作,這麼久了,你又突然這個職位給了安娜貝爾。

Dan: "Okay, you made your point."

好的,我明白你的意思了。

Tom: "You know, you make crappy decisions on a daily basis, Dan, I gotta tell you, but this one, this is the stupidest."

你知道嗎,你天天都在做一些蹩腳的決定,丹,我不吐不快,但這次絕對是最失敗的一次。

Dan: "Hey, watch yourself."

說話注意點。

Tom: "You have been running this company into the ground since you got here. Well, I see I’m getting out easy."

從你進公司以來,公司業績就一直在下滑說出來真痛快。

Dan: "All right, Scavo, you want to know why I gave that promotion to Annabel? Why she got the nod instead of you? It was Lynette."

好吧,斯加沃,你知道我為什麼升安娜貝爾的職嗎。為什麼她被肯定了而不是你,都是因為勒奈特。

get the nod (美國俚語)得到點頭同意.被挑

Tom: "What?" 什麼?

Dan: "She went to my wife and begged her to get me to kill your promotion. She said that if you start traveling more, it's gonna hurt your family."

她去求我的妻子勸我不給你升職,她說如果你出差太多的話,會傷害到你的家庭。

Tom: "She did that?"

她那麼做了?

Dan: "Now I feel like a chump for trying to help you guys out. I guess it was another one of my crappy decisions. Have your desk cleaned out by tonight."

我現在都後悔幫助你們了。也算是我失敗的決定了。今晚之前收拾好你的桌子走人

n.呆子;笨蛋;


分享到:


相關文章: