03.07 把你的故事講的興趣盎然還是昏昏欲睡?



Hi there.

嘿,你好。

Welcome back to engVid with me, Benjamin.

歡迎和我一起回來,本傑明

Today we are looking at the art of storytelling.

今天,我們來看看講故事的藝術。

Who is this useful to?

這對誰有用?

Well, you may find that in an interview situation, being able to tell a good story could help you, as long as it's appropriate to the interview;also, IELTS speaking, being able to sort of go beyond yourself and say more than you normally would is going to benefit you in terms of sounding fluent;and also, conversational, social skills - it's good to be able to tell a story.

嗯,你可能會發現,在面試的情況下,能夠講一個好故事對你有幫助,只要適合面試;而且,雅思說,能夠超越自己,說的比平時多,在聽起來流利方面對你有好處;而且,會話,社交技巧——能夠講故事是件好事。

Now, what I'm going to be sharing with you today has taken me a lot of time, a lot of experience to figure out the truth of this, and I've basically worked out that this is right.

現在我今天要和你們分享的花了我很多時間,很多經驗來弄明白真相,我基本上已經計算出這是正確的。

Okay?

好?

So, two parts in today's lesson: We've got basic storytelling;and then if you want to be clever clogs, you can add in the extra elements.

因此,今天課的兩個部分:我們有基本的講故事;然後,如果你想成為聰明的木塊,你可以添加額外的元素。

So, a basic story has what Aristotle, the Greek philosopher,came up with 2,000 years ago.

所以,一個基本的故事有什麼亞里士多德,希臘哲學家,2000年前就出現了

It has three consistent things: It talks about place-okay?

它有三個一致的東西:它談論的地方-好?

-it happens in a place;it happens at a time, a certain time; and there are characters involved.

-它發生在一個地方;它發生在一個時間,某個時間;並且有字符涉及。

And these should be smooth.

這些應該是光滑的。

He talked about how we should have a clear story idea, it happens in time order.

他談到我們應該如何有一個明確的故事想法,它按時間順序發生。

So this relates to us today telling a good story.

因此,這與我們今天講一個好故事有關。

Okay?

好?

It should happen at a certain point.

它應該發生在某個點。

We need to know where, okay?

我們需要知道在哪裡,好嗎?

Place, setting, similar idea.

地方,設置,類似的想法。

Which characters do you have in the story?

故事中的哪些角色?

A plot - there's got to be a reason for telling it: "Is it an unusual story? Is it funny? Is it interesting"? What's the ending?

一個情節 - 一定有一個原因告訴它:"這是一個不尋常的故事嗎?有趣嗎?有趣嗎?結局是什麼?

You don't want to leave your audience, going: "Oh", at the end of the story.

你不想離開你的觀眾,去:"哦",在故事的結尾。

You've got to think: "This story has got to have a good ending". Okay?

你得想:"這個故事必須有一個好的結局"。好?

Otherwise you leave them with not a very good feeling. Okay. So, if I'm going to demonstrate this, I will tell you a story.

否則,你離開他們不是很好的感覺。好。所以如果我要演示這個,我會告訴你一個故事。

So, the time that this took place.

所以,這發生的時候。

So this was last summer, and the place: I was trying to get to the airport.

那是去年夏天和地點:我試圖去機場。

I was trying to get to Gatwick Airport, just outside of London.

我正想去蓋特威克機場,就在倫敦郊外。

To set the scene a bit, we've got a friend's wedding happening in Italy.

為了設置現場一點,我們有一個朋友的婚禮在意大利舉行。

Taking my son and wife on a flight out to Italy.

帶著我的兒子和妻子去意大利

Very important that we get there, lots of friends there, and traffic starts piling up and it starts getting quite tight - the time.

非常重要,我們到達那裡,很多朋友,交通開始堆積,開始變得相當緊張 - 時間。

Are we going to get on the plane or not?

我們要不上飛機?

Okay, so now we need to include some more plot elements.

好了,現在我們需要包括一些更多的情節元素。

So, what was unusual is that I told my wife: "Look, if we carry on like this, we're not going to catch the plane". So we swapped over, and she started driving down the hard shoulder.

所以不尋常的是,我告訴妻子:"看,如果我們繼續這樣下去,我們就不會趕上飛機了。於是我們換了過來,她開始從硬肩膀上下來。

It's not about your shoulder; it means the side bit of the road that you're not really meant to drive on.

這不是你的肩膀,而是你的肩膀。它意味著你並不是真正打算開車的路的一側。

And kind of the funny bit is that we got through this horrendous traffic on the most nasty. . .

而有趣的是,我們通過這個可怕的交通最討厭的...

The nastiest road in the U. K. , which is the M25, which is more sort of sitting around than actually driving anywhere.

英國最討厭的道路,這是M25,比實際開車多於在任何地方的坐姿。

We got through this nasty traffic.

我們通過了這種令人討厭的交通。

It looked like we were going to catch the flight, and then we ran out of petrol 10 miles from the airport.

看起來我們好像要趕上飛機瞭然後我們從機場10英里就用完了汽油

Fortunately, we did manage to get onto the flight eventually, after a few more mishaps.

幸運的是,在經歷了幾次事故之後,我們終於成功登上了飛機。

Okay?

好?

So we've got a rough story there, which I can now make quite a lot better by adding in these elements.

所以我們有一個粗略的故事,現在,我可以通過添加這些元素來做得更好。

First of all, if you're sat around with a group of people, you don't just suddenly start telling a story, and you shouldn't really plan what stories you're going to tell.

首先,如果你和一群人坐在一起你不只是突然開始講故事,你不應該真正計劃你要講什麼故事。

A story could come out of what has been spoken, what people are talking about, otherwise it's like: "Well, what are you talking about"? Okay?

一個故事可以出什麼已經講,人們在說什麼,否則就是:"嗯,你在說什麼?好?

So there's got to be a link.

因此,一定有一個鏈接。

So, if I was telling this story, maybe I would be talking to friends about holidays, about getting to planes, and I would say something like: "This. . . Yeah, I've had a bad experience before of trying to get to the airport. I'll tell you about this time last summer". Okay?

所以,如果我講這個故事也許我會跟朋友談論假期,去飛機我會說:"這...是的,我以前去機場的經歷很糟糕。我告訴你去年夏天的這個時候。好?

So, linking it to the conversation.

所以,把它鏈接到對話。

Beginning well.

開始得好。

"I'll tell you a little tale", okay?

"我告訴你一個小故事",好嗎?

It's quite sort of soft and polite, but rather than being: "

這是相當有點軟和禮貌,但不是是:"

", it invites people to listen in. It kind of quietens things down, and people start listening.

",它邀請人們傾聽。它讓事情平靜下來,人們開始傾聽。

There need to be things in the story that grab people's attention.

故事中需要一些能吸引人們注意力的東西。

So. . . And this kind of links to this next point of embellishment and exaggeration.

所以。。。而這種鏈接,這下一點的修飾和誇張。

"Embellishment" means adding. . . Adding a little bit of colour. Okay?

"裝飾"意味著添加...添加一點顏色。好?

So, if we've got someone's face. . .

如果我們有別人的臉...

I'm not an artist, but if we're going to embellish this, we're going to improve it by putting in some more sort of details.

我不是藝術家,但如果我們要美化這個,我們將通過投入更多細節來改進它。

We're going to give them some hair, we're going to give them quite a thick neck.

我們要給他們一些頭髮,我們要給他們一個相當厚的脖子。

Embellishment: Putting more in. "Exaggeration", okay?

裝飾:投入更多,"誇張",好嗎?

So we're not going to do an entirely accurate picture; we're going to say that actually the man has a wart here, and we're going to find interesting details.

因此,我們不會做一個完全準確的畫面;我們要說,實際上男人有一個疣在這裡,我們會找到有趣的細節。

For example, his tongue hangs out of his mouth. Okay?

例如,他的舌頭掛在嘴裡。好?

The detail is going for more and more. . .

細節將越來越...

It's not just information; it's kind of layers to the story.

這不僅僅是信息,它;這是故事的層次。

So, let's put this into practice with the story I'm telling about the airport.

所以,讓我們用我講的關於機場的故事來實踐這個。

Okay, so it was half past 4:00 on a Friday.

好,所以週五4點過了一半。

We have to be at the airport at quarter past 5:00.

我們必須在五點多的時候到機場。

The M25 is gridlock; it's standstill, and I was tearing my hair out-not literally-thinking:

M25 是僵局;它停頓,我撕裂我的頭髮 -不是字面上的想法:

"How on earth am I going to get to the airport"?

"我到底怎麼去機場?"

Luckily, my wife can be quite James-Bond-like and she. . .

幸運的是,我的妻子可以相當詹姆斯邦德一樣,她...

We swapped over, and she started tearing down the hard shoulder.

我們交換了,她開始撕下硬肩膀。

She was. . . Okay? So now I need to exaggerate a bit.

她是。。。好?所以現在我需要誇大一點。

She was slamming on the accelerator, she was hitting 60 as all the other cars were going just 5 or 10 miles an hour, and we were just sailing past them, cruising past, thinking that nothing was going to go wrong. We were invincible - we were on that plane.

她猛地踩著油門她打到60,因為所有其他汽車都去只有5或10英里每小時,我們只是從他們身邊駛過,巡航過去,認為沒有什麼會出錯。我們是無敵的,我們當時在飛機上。

Okay?

好?

So I'm adding in a few details.

因此,我添加一些細節。

Now I need to add in some suspense.

現在我需要增加一些懸念。

So, just as everything looked like it was going to work out happily ever after, the car slowly came to a halt.

所以,就像一切看起來一樣,它一切都要愉快地工作,之後,汽車慢慢停了下來。

And I don't know if you've stood by the edge of the motorway before, but it's not the best place to be standing; you've got tankers going past, your car starts shaking, you're worrying whether you're safe.

我不知道你以前是否站在高速公路邊上但它不是最好的地方站立;你的油罐車駛過,你的車開始搖晃,你擔心你是否安全

And at that point, we said: "Oh my goodness, me, what do we do now?

這時,我們說:"哦,我的天哪,我,我們現在怎麼辦?

Do we just abandon the car, in which case we'll get a huge fine and lose the car?

我們棄車嗎?在這種情況下,我們會得到鉅額罰款,並失去汽車?

Do we try and fill up the car with petrol?

我們試著給汽車加滿汽油嗎?

How do we do this"? Okay? So what I'm doing with suspense is I want the people to want to know what happened in the story. Okay?

我們如何做到這一點?好?所以,我所做的是懸念,我想讓人們想知道發生了什麼故事。好?

So, the next chapter. Along comes a taxi, I'm holding out a jerry can. Okay?

所以,下一章。一輛出租車來了,我拿著一個傑裡罐。好?

A "jerry can" means a tank for petrol, a jerry can.

"傑裡罐"是指汽油的油箱,傑裡罐。

He stops, I jump in the taxi.

他停了下來,我跳上出租車。

We go fast, fast, fast, fast, fast.

We go fast, fast, fast, fast, fast.

We go to a petrol station, and then we are going the wrong way up this motorway, and I can see the car over there.

我們去加油站 然後走錯路上高速公路我能看見那邊的車

And the man says to me: "Well, it would be quicker if you ran across the motorway, rather than going all the way back to the M25 and back down again". What I'm doing here is I'm using dialogue;

該名男子對我說:"嗯,這將是更快,如果你跑過高速公路,而不是去所有的方式回到M25,並再次回落"。我在這裡做的是,我使用對話;

I'm using words from a character to make us imagine the story a bit more. Okay?

我用一個角色的詞讓我們想象故事多一點。好?

And now what I want to be doing is putting it into the present tense, it helps us imagine the story a little bit more.

現在我想做的是把它變成現在的時候,它幫助我們想象的故事多一點。

So I'm there, I'm standing on the side of the road and I'm seeing these cars flying past at 70 miles an hour.

所以我在那裡,我站在路邊,我看到這些汽車以每小時70英里的速度飛過。

I'm thinking: "You want me to run across there?

我在想:"你要我跑過那裡嗎?

You must be joking".

你一定是在開玩笑。

So I refused his kind offer, and we carried on going.

所以我拒絕了他的好說,我們繼續走。

At that point I receive a phone call, a phone call from my wife, saying: "Honey, I have left the car.

這時,我接到一個電話,一個我妻子打來的電話,說:"親愛的,我已經離開了車。

You'll find a couple of things in the car.

你會在車裡找到幾樣東西。

I'm in a lorry.

我在一輛卡車裡

It's fine.

沒事的。

We're going to the airport". I'm thinking: "What?

我們要去機場。我在想:"什麼?

You've left the car, you're in a lorry?

你把車開走了,你在車裡?

What on earth is going on here"?

這到底是怎麼回事?

I get to the car, I jump into it. I forget:

我上車,我跳進車裡。我忘了:

"Oh yeah, I need to put the petrol back into the tank".

"哦,是的,我需要把汽油放回油箱裡。

I say: "Good bye, Mr. taxi driver, thank you very much".

我說:"再見,出租車司機先生,非常感謝。

And then I start tearing it down to Gatwick Airport. Okay?

然後我開始把它撕到蓋特威克機場好?

I need to be aware that I can't go on, and on, and on.

我需要意識到,我不能繼續,繼續,繼續。

If I speak for too long, the people I'm telling the story to are going to be like: "Benjamin, boring", okay?

如果我講得太久,我講這個故事的人就會說:"本傑明,無聊",好嗎?

I get to the airport, I take. . .

我到機場,我帶...

Ripped off my jumper, I'm running through, I've parked the car, and I. . . Running, running, running, running, running, running, running, running, running, sweating, flying through.

扯下我的跳線,我跑過來,我把車停好,我...Running, running, running, running, running, running, running, running, running, sweating, flying through.

We all get on to the plane by the skin of our teeth, which means we only just got there.

我們都靠牙齒的皮膚上了飛機,這意味著我們才剛剛到達那裡。

I'll write that phrase out for you. "By the skin of our. . .

我會為你寫那句話。"通過我們的皮膚...

By the skin of my teeth". Okay?

由我的牙齒的皮膚"。好?

By the skin of my teeth we made it.

靠我的牙齒皮膚,我們做了它。

Then we need to link back into the conversation, okay?

那我們需要聯繫回對話,好嗎?

By the skin of my teeth. I need. . . It can't just be all about me. Yeah?

靠著我的牙齒。我需要...不能只是關於我的一切。是的?

There are other people in this room that I've been sharing this story to. Okay?

這個房間裡還有其他人,我一直在分享這個故事。好?

It's not a performance. I'm not in the theatre, going: "Da-da-da-da-da".

這不是表演我不在劇院裡,去:"達達達達"。

We're talking;conversation is two ways.

我們在說話,談話是兩種方式。

So, I need to say: "So, how about you, Jerry, do you like airports"? Ask them a question.

所以,我要說:"那麼,你呢,傑瑞,你喜歡機場嗎?問他們一個問題

Put the focus back on the other person.

把注意力重新放在其他人身上。

And, really, this is the number one tip: You need to go with the flow; especially if you're telling a story with someone else, if you're both telling it.

而且,實際上,這是頭號提示:你需要隨流而去;特別是如果你和別人一起講故事,如果你們都在講。

Okay?

好?

One of you might go more for detail, one of you might go more for exaggeration.

你們中有人可能會去更多的細節,你們中有人可能會更誇張。

It's okay to exaggerate, as long as the story is recognizable.

只要故事是可識別的,誇張是可以的。

Find a way to tell the story together.

想辦法一起講故事。

Hope you've enjoyed this video.

希望您喜歡這個視頻。

Have the story, but have fun with it, too.

有故事,但玩得開心,也。

Go tell some great stories.

去講一些好故事吧。

Until next time, good bye.

直到下一次,再見。


分享到:


相關文章: