We’re supposed to be together. 我們是命中註定的一對,

1."I’ve got it!...she doesn’t hate you. My mom just worries."

我來接.我媽媽不討厭你, 她只是很擔心。

2. "She thinks I’m crazy."

她認為我瘋了。

3."No, she doesn’t. Well, maybe a little."

她沒有,也許有一點吧。

4. "You didn’t tell her what I told you, did you, about what happened to Dana?"

你沒有告訴她我跟你說的事吧? 關於Dana的事?

5. "Zach, I can keep a secret. I promise I will never tell her."

Zach, 我能保守秘密,我保證我永遠不會告訴她。

6. "What’s that noise?"

那是什麼聲音?

7. "Hi! Wha-What are you doing here?"

嗨!你在這兒幹嘛呢?

8. "I was walking outside, and I saw you in the window. I was surprised. I never thought of you as a diner person."

我在外面經過, 從窗口看到你,我很吃驚!我以為你不會外面用餐的。

diner: 用餐者,餐館

9. "I’m not. The coffee is just dreadful. Well, it’s late, and I needed to get out of the house, and it was the only place still open."

沒錯。這裡的咖啡太難喝了, 還有 --時間太晚了我想出來走走,這兒是唯一還開著的地方

dreadful: 糟糕的,可怕的

10. "I didn’t mean to interrupt."

我不是有意打擾你

interrupt: 打擾

11."George, would you like to join me for a dreadful cup of coffee?"

George, 你想和我一起喝一杯糟透了的咖啡嗎?

口語裡join sb. 意思是:和某人一起做某事

Would you like to join me...用來邀請對方和自己一起做某事

12. "It was my first week in college, and I went to a meeting of the young Republicans where Rex gave a speech, and I went up to him afterward and introduced myself, and I told him that I agreed with his stance on the death penalty.

那是我剛上大學的第一個禮拜,我去參加一個青年共和黨人的聚會,Rex在那兒作了一個演講,演講結束後我找到自我介紹, 並告訴他我同意他對死刑的看法。

college: 大學 young: 年輕的 Republicans: 共和黨人

introduce:介紹 stance: 立場 death: 死 penalty: 處罰

13.He took me out to a diner, and we, uh, stayed up till two in the morning talking about big government, gun control and illegal immigration.

他帶我去吃晚飯, 然後, 嗯...我們在一起一直談到了凌晨,談論

大政府、槍支管制...和非法移民government: 政府 gun: 槍支 control: 控制 illegal: 非法的 immigration: 移民

14.Ah. It was just--it was just such a magical night, and I knew, by the time he got me back to my dorm, that one day I was going to be Mrs. Rex Van de Kamp."

哦, 那個夜晚一切如同夢境般的奇妙。當他送我回寢室的時候我知道,終有一天,我將成為Rex Van DeKamp夫人。

magical: 有魔力的,不可思議的 dorm: 寢室,宿舍

15.-George: "Wow."

喔!

16. "And even now, you know, after the betrayal, I, I know that we’re supposed to be together. But I don’t know how I can be with someone I don't trust."

即使是現在他背叛我, 我仍然覺得我們是命中註定的一對, 但...我不知道如何和一個我不信任的人在一起betrayal: 背叛 trust: 信任

17. "So, what are you gonna do?"

那麼...你打算怎麼做?

18. "That I don’t know. What do you think I should do?"

我毫無頭緒。你認為我該怎麼做?

19. "You’re asking me?"

你問我嗎?

20.:"Oh, I should not have done that. I am..."

哦, 我不應該問你, 我 --

21. "No, no. It’s okay."

不, 那沒關係

22."No George, it’s not okay. It was insensitive. I know how you feel about me, and I..."

不, George, 有關係我沒有考慮你的感受,我知道你對我的感覺, 而我

--insensitive: adj.不敏感的;麻木不仁的;感覺遲鈍的

23. "Bree, I want to help."

不, Bree, 我 -- 我想幫你。

24."Thank you."

哦,謝謝!

25. "So, does he love you?"

那麼...他還愛你嗎?

26. "Yes."

27. "Is he a good person?"

他是個好人嗎?

28. "Aside from the adultery, yes."

除去通姦, 是的。

Aside from不包括;除…以外

29. "Then it’s easy. If I could get a good person to love me, I would find a way to forgive them."

那就好辦了。如果有一個好人愛我,我會想辦法原諒他們

30."You are such a special man

, George Williams. And you deserve such a special woman."

George Williams, 你真是個特別的人,你應得到一個非同尋常的女人。

deserve: 應該得到

31. "I think so."

我想是的。


分享到:


相關文章: