趣說“上廁所”的地道英文表達,真的是WC這麼簡單?

趣說“上廁所”的地道英文表達,真的是WC這麼簡單?


Do you usually say, “I’m going to the toilet” in English?

你是否常用“I’m going to the toilet”來表達上廁所呢?

Although saying this can be correct in some contexts, it can be overly direct or even rude–especially in American English.

雖然某些情況下這是對的,但是這種說法有點太過直接,甚至粗魯了——尤其在美式英語中。

It’s not necessary to restrict yourself to just this literal phrase when in English we have so many varieties of expressing this phrase.

其實你大可不必只使用這一個短語,英文中還有很多用來表達相同意思的語句。想學習更多英語知識,請關注口袋英語aikoudaiyy

Today, I’m going to teach you everything from the most polite ways to say this, to the crass [rude] expressions that you’ll only want to say around the closest of friends.

今天,我就教大家英文中所有關於表達“去上廁所”的短語,從最禮貌的方式到最粗魯、只能同最親密的朋友說的方式一應俱全。

Are you ready to learn some fun, and extremely useful English? Then let’s go!

準備好學習最有趣、最實用的英語了嗎?我們開始吧!

The following 22 toilet related vocabulary and expressions are sorted from the most polite, to the rudest and most vulgar.

下面這22個和廁所有關的詞彙和表達是按照從禮貌到粗俗來排序的。

Formal

正式

The following are appropriate in any situation:

下面這些表達適用於任何場合:

Bathroom

衛生間

Example: I’m gonna [going to] go to the bathroom.

例:我要用一下衛生間。

Restroom

洗手間

Example: Where is the restroom?

例:請問洗手間在哪?

Little boy’s/girl’s room

男/女廁所

Example: I’ll be right back, I need to use the little girl’s room.

例:我馬上就回來,我想去一下洗手間。

Powder my nose

去洗手間(注:由女士去衛生間補妝引申而來)

Example: Excuse me, I need to powder my nose.

例:不好意思,我想去一下衛生間。

Familiar

熟悉

The following are appropriate with family or friends:

下面這些表達適合同家人或朋友說:

Pee

撒尿

Example: Where’ the bathroom? I need to pee.

例:衛生間在哪兒?我要尿尿。

Tinkle (mostly used by older women)

尿尿(一般為較年長的女性使用)

Example: I drank too much water! I have to go tinkle.

例:我喝了太多水!我要去尿尿。

Go (when used in context)

方便一下(在語境中使用)

Example: Where’s the bathroom, I really have to go!

例:廁所在哪,我真的要去方便一下了!

Potty (Generally used by children)

上廁所(一般兒童使用)

Example (noun): Where’s the potty?

例(名詞):廁所在哪?

Example (verb): Mama, I have to potty.

例(動詞):媽媽:我要上廁所。

Take a 1/2 (number 1 refers to peeing, number 2 to pooping)

大小便(1指的是小便,2指大便)

Example: Person 1 – I have to go to the bathroom.

例:甲——我要上廁所。

Person 2 – Number 1 or number 2?

乙——小便還是大便?

My bladder is bursting (when you really have to go)

我的膀胱要炸了(真的憋不住的時候使用)

Example: Stop the car! My bladder is bursting.

停車!我憋不住了。

Rude

粗魯

The following are appropriate only with friends:

下面這些表達只能和朋友說:

John

茅坑

Example: Where’s the John? I have to take a number 2.

例:茅坑在哪?我要大便。

Loo (UK - can be familiar or rude, depending on where you are)

廁所(英式英語——根據不同的場合,這個詞可以表現親密,也可以表現粗魯)

Example: I’ll be right back, I’m gonna go to the loo.

例:我馬上回來,我要去廁所。

Crapper

廁所

Example: Hey man, where’s the crapper?

例:嘿,哥們兒,廁所在哪?

Take a leak

上廁所

Example: He has to take a leak, where’s your bathroom?

例:他要尿尿,廁所在哪?

Pee oneself (when you really have to go)

尿褲子(憋不住的時候使用)

Example: I’m about to pee myself, let’s go home.

例:我要尿褲子了,回家吧。

Can

廁所

Example: Do you mind telling me where’s the can?

不介意告訴我廁所在哪吧?

Vulgar

粗俗

The following should only be used with close friends, if ever. Also remember that it is more common for men to use these expressions than women.

可以的話,下面這些只能對最最親密的朋友說。記住一般男性比女性更常使用這些表達。

Shit

拉屎

Example: Man, where’s the can, I need to go shit.

例:喂,廁所在哪,我要去拉屎。

Dump

拉屎

Example: He went to take a dump.

例:他去拉屎了。

Shitter

馬桶

Example: I’ve gotta [got to] use your shitter.

例:我要用下你馬桶。

Piss

小便

Example: We drank a lot of beer and now we all have to piss.

例:我們酒喝多了,現在要去小便。

Pisser

廁所

Example: Mind if I use your pisser?

例:不介意我用下你廁所吧?

Piss oneself (same as pee oneself, but cruder)

尿褲子(和pee oneself一樣,但更粗俗一點)

In Conclusion

總結

Having a rich vocabulary is important, especially if you want to sound like a native. However, it’s perhaps even more important to know when to appropriately use these phrases, and not to sound rude in a second language.

豐富詞彙量很重要,尤其是你想要將英語說得和母語一樣流利時。但是知道如何正確的使用這些詞彙短語並且聽起來不粗魯更重要。


分享到:


相關文章: