「聽&讀」為母親祈禱

「聽&讀」為母親祈禱

Dear God, Now that I am no longer young, I have friends whose mothers have passed away.

親愛的上帝:如今我不再年輕,一些朋友的母親已經去世。

I have heard these sons and daughters say they never fully appreciated their mothers until itwas too late to tell them.

我曾聽這些子女說過,他們從沒有向母親充分表達過他們的感激之情,而待到要告訴時為時已晚。

I am blessed with the dear mother who is still alive.

幸運的是,我親愛的母親依然健在。

I appreciate her more each day.

我對她的感情與日俱增。

My mother does not change, but I do.

母親沒有變,而我卻變了。

As I grow older and wiser, I realize what an extraordinary person she is.

隨著年歲的增長,我越來越懂事了,我意識到她是多麼了不起的人。

How sad that I am unable to speak these words in her presence, but they flow easily from mypen.

這些話在她面前我難以啟齒,但在筆下卻可以輕易地寫出來,這令我感到多麼難過。

How does a daughter begin to thank her mother for life itself?

一個女兒該怎樣開口感謝她的母親所給予的生命?

For the love, patience and just plain hard work that go into raising a child?

感謝她在撫養孩子時所付出的愛、耐心以及無私的辛勤勞動?

For running after a toddler, for understanding a moody teenager, for tolerating a collegestudent who knows everything?

感謝她跟在蹣跚學步的孩子身後奔跑,對喜怒無常的少女的理解,以及對一個自以為是的大學生的寬容?

For waiting for the day when a daughter realizes her mother really is?

感謝她等待女兒認識到她真是一位好母親的一天?

How does a grown woman thank for a mother for continuing to be a mother?

一個成年女子該怎樣感謝母親依然如故的角色?

For being ready with advice (when asked) or remaining silent when it is most appreciated?

感謝在被問到時她會及時提供良言,而在不需要時她會保持沉默?

For not saying “I told you so”, when she could have uttered these words dozens of times?

感謝她沒有說“我告訴過你”,而她本來可以說上許多次?

For being essentially herself—loving, thoughtful, patient, and forgiving?

感謝她始終不變的愛心、體貼周到、耐心與寬容?

I don’t know how, dear God, except to bless her as richly as she deserves and to help me liveup to the example she has set.

我不知道該怎樣來表達,親愛的上帝,除了請求你好好地保佑她——那是她該得到的——並幫助我朝她做出的榜樣看齊。

I pray that I will look as good in the eyes of my children as my mother looks in mine.

我祈禱,在孩子的眼裡我會如同母親在我眼裡一般好。

A daughter

一位女兒


分享到:


相關文章: