看美劇學英語《了不起的麥瑟爾夫人》S01E07 246-250



246.I don't blame you. 我不怪你/你的做法是可以理解的。

✨blame [v.] to think or say that sb/sth is responsible for sth bad 把……歸咎於;責怪;指責

✨blame sb/sth (for sth); blame sth on sb/sth

“I just slammed the phone down when he said that.” "I don't blame you."

他一說那話我就啪得一下掛了電話。


257.I'm not feeling too hot about myself, either. 我也覺得我自己不咋的。

✨not so/too hot: not very good in quality, or not feeling well 質量不太好;不舒服

Her spelling isn't too hot.

她的拼寫不太好。

“How are you today?”"Not so hot, I'm afraid."

--你今天怎麼樣?--很遺憾,不怎麼樣。

be hot for sth 熱衷於…

看美劇學英語《了不起的麥瑟爾夫人》S01E07 246-250

You're so hot for people taking breaks.


248.Miram and I were broke. I mean, flat broke. 我和米利亞姆沒錢。我是說,破產了。

✨flat broke=stony broke=completely broke 徹底破產

broke曾經也出現過,其後“勉強度日--live hand to mouth”這個短語可以積累一下:

You're living hand to mouth.

你們只能勉強度日。

看美劇學英語《了不起的麥瑟爾夫人》S01E07 246-250

You're living hand to mouth.


249.I've been stepping up at work. 我已經加緊工作了。

✨step up sth: to increase the amount, speed, etc. of sth 增加、提高(數量、速度等)

He has stepped up his training to prepare for the race.

他為準備那場賽跑加強了訓練。


250.I‘m in line for a new job. 我正在著手換新工作。

✨in line for sth: likely to get sth 有可能獲得某物

She is in line for promotion.

她有可能得到提升。


分享到:


相關文章: