看美劇學口語:My cars on the fritz and I could hitch a ride.



Lynette:OK, Tom, I will swing by the dry cleaners after I hit the market. Um, I don't know, Porter has a dentist appointment at 4 o' clock, so the, um, car might have to wait until tomorrow.

好,湯姆,我去過市場以後會順便去趟乾洗店。我不清楚,波特約了4點鐘見牙醫。車得等到明天了。

swing by 順便拜訪某地/某

Lynette: Okay, I love you too. Bye bye.

我也愛你,再見。

Mrs McClusky: Hi there. I brought you some avocados. I have a tree out back but I don't like them and your family seems like the kind that would eat guacamole.

你好,我給你帶了些牛油果,我有顆牛油果樹可我喜歡牛油果,我想你們家可能喜歡牛油果沙拉醬。

Lynette: Um, Mrs McClusky, thank you, that is very nice.

麥克盧斯基夫人,你太好了,謝謝。

Mrs McClusky: So let's make up a batch.

那我們趕快動手來 做吧

Lynette: Now's not a good time. I'm on my way out and I have a ton of errands.

現在不方便,我正要出去還有好多事要做呢。

Mrs McClusky: Oh, that's great, because my cars on the fritz and I could hitch a ride. I need to drop by the pharmacy anyway.

那太好了,我的車送去修了,我正好打你的車,我要去藥房。

on the fritz 出故障,壞了

hitch a ride 搭便車,搭順風車

Lynette: No I can't. I'm sorry, but I have a lot of things to do.

我沒空,我很抱歉,我真的很忙。

Mrs McClusky: Well, maybe you could take me later, or I could drop by tomorrow.

那好吧,也許你可以晚些搭我,或者我明天再來。

Lynette: Mrs McClusky, I won't have any time tomorrow.

麥克盧斯基太太,我明天根本沒空。

Mrs McClusky: Oh, well, I find it interesting that you can't spend two minutes with me, but you have no trouble taking my Tiffany lamp.

真是有趣,我發現你和我多呆兩分鐘你都不願意,可你收下我的蒂芙尼燈可是毫不猶豫。

Lynette: Oh, for god's sake.

喔,天啊。

Lynette: Here, you should take this back. I don't have a place for it.

拿去,你把它拿回去,我沒地方放。

Mrs McClusky: But that was my gesture for saving my life.

可那是我對你救命之恩的回報。

Lynette: Yes, and it was a beautiful gesture. Really. But I-

是的,你這麼做真的很得體,但我真的......

Mrs McClusky: Save it, Lynette. I get the picture.

省省吧,勒納特,我明白。


分享到:


相關文章: