看美劇學口語:That's your car pool.他們來了。car pool拼車

口語學習:

1.That's your car pool.

他們來等你了。

car pool 拼車

2.Can you tell them I'll be right there?

替我告訴他們我馬上就來。

3.Honey, just give me a second to let the office wear off.

親愛的,稍等會兒,讓我把工作服脫了。

4.Alright, I'm in.好的,我來了。

5.Wow, that smell really soaked through, huh?

哇,那味道好衝。

6.That is the nature of baby throw-up.

寶寶吐奶就是這樣。

7.It's just that guys sometimes like it when their women put a little effort into things.

只是男人有時候喜歡女人稍微打扮一下。



Tom: Honey, I'm going home late tonight. Peterson wants to take a bunch of us out for drinks.

親愛的,我晚上會晚點回來,彼德森要帶我們幾個出去喝幾杯。

Lynette: Oh, that's fine. I wanted to talk to you about something.

好的,我想跟你說點事。

Tom: What?

什麼事?

Lynette: That's your car pool. You've gotta go, never mind.

他們來等你了。你走吧,沒關係。

car pool

v. &n. 合夥用車;拼車;(公司機構等的)車隊;

The city government wants citizens to organize car pools for transportation.
該市政府希望市民拼車出行。(n.)

A lot of people who worked in the same company also preferred to carpool to work and take turns driving instead of driving their own car to work everyday.(v.)
在公司上班的白領雖然都有車子,但是幾個住的近的同事都會選擇輪流開車,一起拼車上班。
在美國由於汽車高度發達,大多數人自己開車上下班導致嚴重浪費,為了提倡環保減少燃料的浪費,公路上設有專用拼車道:

CAR POOL LANE

地面是個菱形標誌

CAR POOL ONLY


4條道的高速公路在高峰期,3條普通道堵的死死的,而只有最左邊的CAR POOL暢通無阻


拼車上下班的人叫做CAR POOLER——拼車一族


Tom: Lynette, what is it?

勒奈特,什麼事?

Lynette: It's nothing.

沒什麼

Tom: Okay.

好吧

Lynette: It's just-

只是

Lynette: We haven't had sex in ten days. And the longest we've ever gone before is nine.

我們有十天沒做愛了。上次最長紀錄是九天。

Tom: Are you sure? (glances at the door) Didn't we do it last Thursday?

你確定嗎,我們上週四不是做過?

Lynette: We started to but then *huh* you fell asleep.

我們剛要開始,你就睡著了。

Tom: Is this why you're so worried? Because we can do it tonight if you want to.

這就是你焦慮的原因?要是你想,今晚就可以做。

Lynette: Whatever.隨便啦。

Tom: No. I've got ten days pent up in me. We are doing it tonight. You've got nothing to worry about.

不不,我都壓抑了10天了。我們今晚就做別擔心了。

Tom: Oh, crap. You know what, I forgot my briefcase. Can you tell them I'll be right there?

糟糕,你瞧,我忘拿公文包了。替我告訴他們我馬上就來。

Lynette: Sure.好的。

Annabel: Hi, Lynette, so is Tom nearly ready?

勒奈特,湯姆準備好了嗎?

Lynette: Yeah, he's just getting his briefcase.

是的,他去拿公文包了。

Annabel: Oh, sorry. 抱歉

Lynette:It's ok. 沒關係。

Tom: Bye.

Lynette: Bye.

Annabel: Bye.

Lynette: Okay, you boys, it's seven o'clock. It's time for bed.Excuse me, let's go.

孩子們,7點了。該睡了。走吧。

Parker: Why do we have to be in bed so early.

為什麼要那麼早就睡?

Lynette: I told you, honey, daddy and I have a special meeting tonight.Go on.

我告訴過你們,爸爸和我晚上有個特殊的約會。快去。

The boys: Ew!

Lynette: (blows them a kiss) I love you.

Tom: (Surprised) Woah!

Tom: Hi.

Lynette: Hi. (She's kissing him all over.)

Tom: Wow. Okay, this is the tenth day. Honey, just give me a second to let the office wear off.

好吧,第十天了。親愛的,稍等會兒,讓我把工作服脫了。

Tom: Alright, I'm in.好的,我來了。

Lynette: What are you thinking?

你在想什麼?

Tom: I was just wondering what that smell was.

我在想那是什麼味道。

Lynette: Oh. Oh, it's probably baby drool.

可能是寶寶的口水。

Lynette: There, now you have easier access.

行了,這下好了。

Tom: Incoming.

來了。

Lynette: What?

怎麼啦?

Tom: Wow, that smell really soaked through, huh?

哇,那味道好衝。

soak vi.浸泡;滲透;滲入;

Lynette: Yes. It soaked through a little. That is the nature of baby throw-up.Do you want me to wear a hazmat suit or are you going to be okay?

是的,是有點衝。嬰兒吐奶就是這樣。難不成你要我穿防化服,還是你將就一下?

hazmat suit n.防化服

Tom: No no no. I just like it when you're all clean and you wear sexy clothes.

我只是喜歡你穿著乾乾淨淨的性感的衣服。

Lynette: (laughs) I don't own anything clean (hits him with his tie) or sexy (and again). Everything is either covered in baby spit (and again) or chunks of crayon. (and again)

我可沒什麼乾淨性感 的衣服,每件衣服上不是有嬰兒的口水,就是蠟筆印。

Tom: Okay okay okay. I'm sorry.

好啦好啦,對不起。

Lynette: You make me feel like I just got off the shrimp boat, for god's sake.

天啊,你讓我覺得自己好像從捕蝦船上剛下來似的。

Tom: Honey, I said I'm sorry. It's just that guys sometimes like it when their women put a little effort into things.

寶貝,我說了對不起了。只是男人有時候喜歡女人稍微打扮一下。

Tom: Okay. Um. Can we just go back to the kissing thing? Please can we try that?

要不我們還是接著親吻吧?試試看?

Lynette: Fine.好吧。

Lynette: Okay, off!算了

Preston (offscreen): The baby's up.

寶寶醒了。

Parker (offscreen): MOM! MOM!