英語口語:保守祕密的地道英語說法


英語口語:保守秘密的地道英語說法


Keep your mouth shut.

跟任何人說都不行。/這是秘密。

A:I heard Beth's surprise birthday party is on Sunday.

我聽說貝絲的生日驚喜派對定在星期天了。

B:Keep your mouth shut about that.I don't want her to find out.

千萬保密,我不想讓她知道。

英英釋義:

This means "Don't tell anyone." It is said when there is a secret to be kept.

美劇表達:

1.You keep your mouth shut unless I give you permission to open it. Understand?

得到我允許之前,你一定要守口如瓶,明白嗎?

2.You keep your mouth shut.No one here cares what you think!

不要說了,沒人對你的想法感興趣!

3.You keep your mouth shut about the ring.

不能跟人說起這枚戒指的事。


英語口語:保守秘密的地道英語說法


Keep this to yourself.

這是秘密。/你一個人知道就行了。/別對任何人講。

A:Keep this to yourself.I'm planning to retire.

別對人說,我打算退休了。

B:But the company needs you here to run things.

但是公司需要你留下來繼續工作。

英英釋義:

This usually means something is private.It is like saying "Please don't tell anyone else."

美劇表達:

1.You keep this to yourself while we work it out.

在我們解決問題期間,這件事情只能你一個人知道。

2.You keep this to yourself! Not a word. We do not speak of this again. You understand?

這可是秘密,不要透露半個字!我們也不會再提起,明白嗎?


英語口語:保守秘密的地道英語說法


The cat's out of the bag.

秘密被揭穿了。

A:That movie star and his wife are divorcing.

那個電影明星和妻子正在鬧離婚。

B:The cat's out of the bag. Now everyone knows.

消息已經傳開了,大家都知道了。

英英釋義:

This indicates "Someone told the secret." Often it is a way to say now many people know the secret.

美劇表達:

1.Oh, great. Now the cat's out of the bag.

噢,太棒了,現在秘密已經被揭穿了。

2.Oh, you might as well tell her.

你還是告訴她吧。


分享到:


相關文章: