I've got the biggest ad in the phone book廣告在黃頁上很顯眼

口語學習:

1.She decided to stop poking around in your life.

她決定不再親自刺探你的生活

2.I've got the biggest ad(=advertisement) in the phone book.

我的廣告在黃頁上很顯眼。

3.Run. Pack up your kid and get out of town.

跑,帶上你的孩子走人。

4.That's tricky.那不好辦。

5.He can be pretty insistent.

他非常固執。

6.Well, I can throw her off the scent for a while.

我可以暫時引開她的注意。

7.Well, I'm going to need a cheque.

給我開張支票吧。(付錢吧)



Paul: Susan Mayer hired you?!

蘇珊梅爾僱了你?!

PI: I know. She decided to stop poking around in your life and called me of all people. Lucky for you I've got the biggest ad in the phone book.

她決定不再親自刺探你的生活卻偏偏挑中我(從廣告上找私家偵探),你真走運,我的廣告在黃頁上很顯眼。(這男的的是私家偵探,廣告登在顯眼的位置,所以Susan 剛好找到他)

Paul: What am I going to do?

我該怎麼辦?

PI: Run. Pack up your kid and get out of town.

跑,帶上你的孩子走人。

Paul: That's tricky. My son doesn't want to move. He can be pretty insistent.

那不好辦。我兒子不想走,他非常固執。

tricky adj. 狡猾的;(形勢、工作等)複雜的;機警的;微妙的

PI: Well, I can throw her off the scent for a while.

我可以暫時引開她的注意。

scent n.氣味;香味;線索 off表離開

throw sb. off the scent使失去線索,轉移追蹤方向,使某人找不到

Paul: Fine.行。

PI: Alright then. Tell me exactly what it is you want this woman to believe.

那好。告訴我你想讓她以為是怎麼回事。

PI: She was born Angela. But when she was a teenager she changed her name to Mary Alice. Now on her application it says that she was named after a relative that she no longer speaks to. Now,here's her birth certificate and her Utah petition for a legal name change.

她本名是安吉拉,不過她十幾歲時把名字改成了瑪麗.愛麗絲。申請表上記著她的名字是照著一個親戚的名字取的,但跟那個親戚絕交了。這是她的出生證明,還有她在猶他州依法改名的申請。

petition n.請願書; 申訴書; 申請書

Susan: What about Dana?

丹娜是怎麼回事?

PI: There was a record of another child. A girl, Dana Marie Young. She died at 18 months, apparently in some kind of a fall.

記錄顯示有另一個孩子,名叫丹娜.瑪麗.楊的女孩,一歲半是死了,顯然是摔死的。

Susan: It was all true. Everything he said. How could I have been so wrong?

他說的都是真的。我怎麼錯得這麼離譜?

PI: Well, I'm going to need a cheque.

給我開張支票吧。(付錢吧)

Susan: Oh, of course.當然。

Susan: Actually, before you go I need you to check into someone else's background. There's this plumber I know?

事實上,趁你還在這兒, 我需要你幫我調查另一個人得背景。就是我認識的這個水管工。


分享到:


相關文章: