雙語美文:愛到底是什麼?愛是戰爭

Do you know what love is?

你知道愛是什麼嗎?

I think it's a hot bath.

我認為它就像是泡熱水澡。

What happens to things when you leave them in a bath for too long?

而如果你把東西在浴缸裡放太久,會發生什麼?

They get soft and fall apart.

它們會變軟,然後變得支離破碎。

It's a war. Life is a war. The things we endure are battles of this war.

愛是一場戰爭。人生是就是一場戰爭。我們忍受的一切都是這場戰爭中的一場場戰役。

Let's look back into history, into all those disasters that people have survived from.

讓我們回望歷史吧,看看人類挺過的所有那些災難。

Who are the survivors? The lovers or the fighters?

最後倖存的是誰?是戀人?還是戰士?

Yes, the answer is clear.

答案當然很明顯。

All those romantic stories and political propagandas keep selling us this lie that love is gonna save us.

所有的那些浪漫故事和政治宣傳都在向我們兜售一種謊言:愛會拯救我們。

雙語美文:愛到底是什麼?愛是戰爭

But no, sometimes all it does is just make us stupid and weak.

但並不是這麼回事,有時候愛只能讓我們變蠢、變軟弱。

The hard truth is: Love isn't gonna save us. It's what we have to save.

真相很殘酷:愛是拯救不了我們的。它是我們需要去拯救的東西。

Pain makes us strong enough to do it. All our scars, our anger, our despair, they are the armour.

而痛苦能讓我們強大到足以去拯救它。我們的那些傷痕、那些憤怒、那些絕望,是我們的盔甲。

Some say life loves the sinners best because their fire burns the brightest.

有些人說上天最眷顧的其實是那些罪人,因為這些人的生命之火最為明亮。

So this is my point of view: There's no love for the weak, because they cannot protect it.

所以,這就是我的觀點:弱者是不會擁有愛的,因為他們沒有辦法保護它。

It's only for the strong.

只有強者才能擁有它。

And that's why you have to fight. That's why you have to burn.

這就是為什麼你必須奮鬥下去。這就是為什麼你必須燃燒。


分享到:


相關文章: